Start: Harstad guest Harbour, 4 pm(flexible).
Route suggestion, can be changed according to the weather.
Day 1: We will meet you in Harstad guest harbour. Get settled in your cabin, have a snack and a quick safety brief before we set sail to the next destination, Grøtavær, approximately 2 hours of sailing.
Day 2: Sail to Meløyvær/Krøttøya (1 hour)
- Meløyvær fortress, a war monument from the cold war. There are several canons around the island, and you can also visit the main bunker 20 meter underground.
- Viking graves
- Beautiful snorkelling or free-diving on red corals
- RIB- tour for whale-watching. (Must be arranged with “Valhall” in advance)
- Paddeling or dinghy rides to several small, hidden beaches
- Visit the local pub on Saturdays
Day 3: Sail to Bjarkøy
- Visit the sites of the Viking chief Thorir the Hounds boathouse.
- Visit the local coffee shop “Krambua”
- Restaurant at Bjarkøy brygge.
Day 4: Sail to Lundenes
- Visit the local strawberry-farm
- Village museum
- Local store
- Hike to Galten (782.), approximately 3 hours up and down.
Day 5: Sandsøy
- Hike to “Veten”(200m). 360 degrees view to the surrounding areas.
- Hike the track on the north side of the island, and visit viking graves and “Sommarro”- the 1000 years place with a secret time capsule.
- Visit Tinghuset farm bakery, have a coffe and a fresh cinnamon roll.
- Altevika gård- have a tractor waffle and buy some of the fresh products from the farm. They make soap, oils and pesto from ingredients in the garden. They also sell meat from the farm and sheep- fur.
Day 6: Skrolsvik (Senja)
- Take a 3 hour hike to Sjursviktinden (837m), and have a breathtaking oceanview.
- Visit the fishing museum and the 100 year old store
Day 7: Engenes(Andørja)
- Visit the greenland shark observatory and museum, learn more about this fascinating creature that can become over 500 years old.
- If you feel sporty, you can do this 6 hour long hike up to scandinavias highest island peak “Langlitinden”- 1273m.
Day 8: Harstad, Checkout day.