Ski and sail Harstad
February – April
Ski and sail Harstad
Dive into the viking culture while you explore our unknown paradise in the arctic. Our skilled and locally known ski guides will take you “off the beaten track” in the Harstad mountains. Learn how to sail from our experienced skipper while you sail to the next summit destination, and set your fresh tracks in new powder snow as you whiz down the mountainsides. End the days with a wonderful northern lights experience, and enjoy local cuisine on board our comfortable sailboat «Bifrost». T
“The most AMAZING adventure of our lives! Sailing and skiing with Halvard and Christian as our guide was a life-changing adventure… We felt safe the entire time and got to experience a ski sail trip that I never dreamed of…
Oh and the Northern Lights firing up every night was a huge bonus! We will be back for sure!” – Ryan Harris, Canada
From 9285 NOK/night
Start: Harstad Guest Harbour, 3 pm
End: Harstad harbour, 12 pm
Ski guide: Arctic sea to summit/Top to top
Included in price
- Experienced and locally known ski / top tour guide on request
- Accommodation in pairs in double cabins. For single bookings and a request for your own cabin, there is a surcharge
- Linens and towels
- Life jackets
- Meals and grocery shopping on request.
Comfort and equipment on board
- Lounge with plenty of space for 9 pcs.
- Four double cabins, four separate bathrooms with sink, shower and toilet.
- Own cabins for skipper and ski guide.
- Fully equipped kitchen, gas stove, freezer and refrigerator.
- Heating cabinet for wet clothes and shoes
- Outdoor cockpit with table and seating for 8 pcs
- Dab radio with surround system.
- Bathing platform
- Dinghy with outboard motor for small excursions.
- Standard mainsail, genoa and cross jib on reel.
- Space for storing ski equipment on deck.
- Bifrost has a fully equipped kitchen on board with a gas stove, and we can make most of the food on board. Catching your own fish is also possible!:)
- Everyone helps with the preparation of meals and cleaning in the galley.
Requirements for guests
- Guests must bring good and warm clothes, preferably a layer of wool, an intermediate layer and a water / windproof outer layer. As well as good, warm and water-repellent shoes (goretex). Boots for getting on and off between land and dinghy.
- Bring all the personal equipment you need for skiing / mountaineering, as well as a shovel, search bar, finder / transmitter and helmet.
- We make no demands on sailing experience for guests. But you must be in generally good physical shape and be able to master being able to move on board a boat while sailing.
- Make sure you have good travel insurance that covers illness and possible injury.
- Guests must arrange their own transport to and from Harstad.
- Nearest Airport: Harstad / Narvik Evenes. Airport bus to and from Harstad city center, see separate routes.
- Daily Hurtigruten calls
- Speedboat to and from Tromsø
- Daily bus departures to / from Fauske, Lofoten and Narvik / Tromsø.
– Everyone must wear life jackets while sailing and in a dinghy, as well as paddle vests and dry suits during kayaking.
– If you are going to move on deck during sailing, a safety line must always be used.
– In Bifrost, we have a strong focus on fire safety, and we have extinguishing agents available throughout the boat. All cabins have escape routes.
– Bifrost is equipped with VHF, EPIRB emergency beacon transmitter, emergency flare and two life rafts, with room for 12 pcs. Otherwise we always move close to land during this trip.
– We always take weather reservations, and we do not expose ourselves or guests to danger by defying the weather forecast. We plan the route and choose the harbor based on wind direction, so that both sailing, anchoring and skiing are safe to complete.
You must have a valid travel insurance to join the trip, and this should also cover any cancellation of the trip. Read our travel terms for cancellation policy and refund. Otherwise, you are covered by our boat insurance, in the event of an accident on board.
Not included in the price
- Skiing equipment
- Food, unless this is agreed in the offer.